We are looking for a talented graphic designer to join our passionate creative team.
As designers, we are first and foremost problem solvers. We work to understand our clients’ needs and then create beautiful, strategic solutions that surprise and delight. We need someone who can come up with crazy, on-brand solutions and then bring them to life with peerless design executions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- First and foremost, a love for creating exceptional digital and offline design.
- Designing smart solutions for our clients. This includes creating responsive websites, interaction design, advertising campaigns, marketing materials, logo design, digital media, and more.
- Conceptual thinking. We like to whiteboard. A lot.
- Ability to make surprising connections to create delightful "A-ha" moments for users.
- Ability to create in a style that fits client/audience (shows versatility).
- Ability to sell work to clients.
- Photo selection/retouching and color correction.
- Work independently and collaborate with team members.
- Assisting in all parts of the project life cycle if other co-workers are slammed. Collaboration is an everyday component of idfive.
- Follow the Quality Control process on all projects.
- Some production work, since we are a small agency we all pitch in with copy edits and production work as needed. We always aim to balance this out with exciting work.
- 5+ years of experience in print and digital design.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Ability to stay cool under a start-up level speed-to-market. You embrace thinking fast, iterating smart, and delivering like a total boss.
- Exceptional understanding of typography, layout & composition, and color theory.
- Everyone at idfive is given a high level of freedom and flexibility in how they do their jobs, so it's essential that the candidate be accountable and have high standards for themselves and their work. Innovation and new ideas are essential; we are looking for someone who will enhance our processes. We also value integrity, mutual respect, and a strong work ethic. While our work environment is flexible and easygoing, we expect everyone at idfive to work hard and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should be passionate, proactive, detail-oriented, organized, personable, comfortable with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere, and well-versed in marketing, advertising, and design.
- Must have excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills. This person should also be good at multitasking and have great people skills.
- Must be well versed in Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. Sketch is a plus.
- Illustration and hand-lettering skills are a plus.
- Invision, CSS/HTML, UX skills are a plus.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits including excellent health, vision and dental coverage, stipends for public transportation, and bonuses. idfive also offers a 401K. Salary will range based on experience, skill — and ability to make a significant impact on our creative team.
idfive was recently named “A Best Place to Work” by Baltimore Magazine and was recently recognized by SmartCEO for its corporate culture. Why? Because we believe every good agency should take care of their team, do good work for their clients, know when to get serious about the business and when to relax and have a good time.
To apply, please upload a résumé, cover letter, salary requirements, and contact information as well as a portfolio link. Only applicants with a link to their portfolio will be considered.