We are looking for a talented graphic designer to join our passionate creative team.
As designers, we are first and foremost problem solvers. We work to understand our clients’ needs and then create beautiful, strategic solutions that surprise and delight. We need someone who can pitch in with production work as well as come up with crazy on-brand solutions and do it all with a great attitude.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing smart solutions for our clients. This includes creating responsive websites, interaction design, advertising campaigns, marketing materials, logo design, digital media, and more.
- Conceptual thinking. We like to whiteboard. A lot.
- Photo selection/retouching and color correction.
- Some production work, since we are a small agency we all pitch in with copy edits and production work as needed. We always aim to balance this out with exciting work.
- Work independently and collaborate with team members.
- Assisting in all parts of the project life cycle if other co-workers are slammed. Collaboration is an everyday component of idfive.
- Follow the Quality Control process on all projects.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Strong understanding of typography, layout & composition, and color theory.
- Everyone at idfive is given a high level of freedom and flexibility in how they do their jobs, so it's essential that the candidate be accountable and have high standards for themselves and their work. Innovation and new ideas are essential; we are looking for someone who will enhance our processes. We also value integrity, mutual respect, and a strong work ethic. While our work environment is flexible and easygoing, we expect everyone at idfive to work hard and meet deadlines
- The ideal candidate should be passionate, proactive, detail-oriented, organized, personable, comfortable with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere, and well-versed in marketing, advertising, and design.
- Must have excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills. This person should also be good at multitasking and have great people skills.
- Must be well versed in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Illustration and hand-lettering skills are a plus.
- Invision, CSS/HTML, UX skills are a plus.
This is ultimately a full time salaried position with benefits including excellent health, vision and dental coverage, stipends for public transportation, and bonuses. idfive also offers a 401K. Salary will range based on experience and skill. We’re very protective of our culture and want to be respectful of the people we work with, too; we sometimes start with a short freelance period to give candidates a chance to see what it’s like to work with us — and vice versa — before making the decision to get married.
idfive was recently named “A Best Place to Work” by Baltimore Magazine and was recently recognized by SmartCEO for its corporate culture. Why? Because we believe every good agency should take care of their team, do good work for their clients, know when to get serious about the business and when to relax and have a good time.
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, salary requirement, contact information, and portfolio link. Only applicants with a link to their portfolio will be considered.