Research, Organize, Test. Oh The Joys of An IA.
Information architects are the planners and designers of how to present certain information. They work behind the scenes, taking into account not only the purpose and goals of the clients, but also the best way to articulate those purposes and goals to the target audience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop thorough, realistic plans that support organizational objectives
- Work with clients to understand their business models and goals and help define strategy, content, and features for design of their web site
- Analyze audiences and their information and functional needs
- Define site architecture and navigation that serves as a blueprint of the site upon which all other aspects are built
- Create wireframes, site maps, schematics, process maps, feature lists, personas, mockups, visual specification, working prototypes and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience
- Design and articulate complex user interactions
- BA or BS in the following is required: Graphic/Visual Arts, Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Marketing, Industrial Design, Fine Arts, or a related area
- A Master’s degree in HCI, Design, UX, Information Design, Business, Anthropology, Sociology or Psychology will help.
- Strong knowledge of website design; mastery in principles of Web design (HCI, HTML, CSS, Flash, Databases, CMS, CRM, Search, and custom development methodologies such as rapid, waterfall, etc)
- 5-10 years relevant work experience; 3-5 of these years must be as a Senior IA designing large and complex IAs
- Hands on experience designing, administering and analyzing usability tests
- Hands on experience designing, administering and analyzing small group focus groups
- Experience observing user research and translating user research into design decisions
- Deep knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Deep knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practices
- Exceptional communication skills
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Fantastic analytical skills
- Ability to listen for requirements (both literal and implied)
- Current on best practice and techniques
- Comfortable leading internal and client groups through process and execution
- Ability to document and organize decisions
- Knowledge of architecture-related software (Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop, SQL Server, MS Office, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, MS Project)
This is a full-time salary position complete with all standard health, vision, dental and vacation benefits.
In the past year idfive was selected as a best place to work by Baltimore Magazine, nominated by the Baltimore Business Journal as a Best Place to Work, awarded for itscompany culture by SmartCEO and was added to the 2016 Inc 5,000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies. If this is the type of team you would be proud to be a part of then please apply. We’d love to meet you.
Submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Only the candidates who submit all three items will be considered for employment.