Digital Designer, Junior
Are you a recent design grad that dreams of agency life? We’re looking for a passionate designer who dreams in RGB to join our growing agency team.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative environment and is as adept at executing provided direction as they are at contributing fresh ideas. A digital-focused designer will combine smart layouts with data to produce unmatched results. Ready? Bring it.
- A genuine desire to do good for clients who do good.
- Not a jerk, ego-maniac, or fragile person will make it past the screening — have a finely-tuned jackass-amator. Skip us if this is you; we only want to work with nice, hardworking, grounded, and fun people
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or industry experience equivalent preferred but not required
- Sketch and Ps skills
- Ae animation, a plus
- Familiarity with other relevant creative software, a plus (Ex: Id, Ai, Ed, InVision)
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Demonstrated expertise in typography, layout, and general design principles
- Excellent problem-solving, creative, presentation, and communication skills
- Portfolio exhibits a strong understanding of digital design
- UX/UI, responsive web, and kinetic email experience a plus
- Eagle-eye for detail and strong production skills
- Familiarity with basic code languages
- Willingness to erase the phrase “That’s not my job” from your vocabulary
- Additional creative skills such as prepress, copywriting, illustration, or photography? Yes, please!
A Day in the Life
- Collaborate with creative leads on assigned accounts
- Clearly articulate design rationale and effectively sell ideas to senior team members
- Remain current and adhere to brand guidelines for all assigned clients
- Assist with preparation and review of files being released to development team and clients
- Assist with review of creative post development
- Design layouts, mood boards, and final art; iterating as needed
- Review projects with senior team members
- Keep a pulse on industry standards and best practices
This is an on-site, full-time position in our Baltimore, Maryland office. For consideration, a resume and a killer digital portfolio are required.
This is a full-time position with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability plan
- Company-paid life insurance policy (with the option to purchase additional coverage)
- Vacation and sick/personal leave
- Paid holidays
- A discounted parking pass or a company-paid monthly pass for Maryland Transit Authority
- 401K plan
- Profit-sharing plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement program