Senior Graphic Designer
A passionate creator, our Senior Designer is ready to take the main stage, knocking out killer creative and incrementally raising the bar for design excellence. A clear and effective communicator, with expert awareness of our clients’ brands, objectives, and methods for success, they are committed and heavily immersed in their work, collaborating with team members to deliver original, brand, print, and digital creative solutions. Do you even doodle? Show us what you’ve got.
This position is full-time in Baltimore, Maryland. Occasional travel to client locations may be needed. Remote may be considered for the right candidate.
For consideration, a solid resume and portfolio are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or industry experience equivalent
- 3-5 years of design experience
- Previous experience as a Senior Designer at a digital agency preferred
- Expert InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and XD skillz
- Familiarity with other relevant creative software, is a plus. Examples include: AfterEffects, PremierePro, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Ability to self-start and self-manage design projects
- Ability to mentor intermediate and junior designers
- Ability to both critique clearly and take constructive criticism
- Well-rounded design experience across print and digital applications
- Ability to successfully work on multiple clients and projects in parallel; helping to ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Eagle-eye attention to detail and proven technical skills
- Familiarity with basic code languages [No, you will NOT need to code—whew!—but we do want you to have a deep understanding of digital design parameters]
- Additional creative skills, are a plus. Examples include: video, animation, storyboarding, illustration, and photography.
A Day in the Life
As a senior designer at idfive, one day you might be hand sketching logos for a non-profit, and the next day you might be designing an enterprise-level website. You’ll collaborate with creative leads on assigned accounts—interpreting briefs and building creative. You’ll also assist in the development of mood boards for new concepts, and have the opportunity to mentor intermediate designers. You’ll maintain expert knowledge of brand guidelines and in-market creative for assigned clients.
During brainstorms, you’ll contribute fresh thinking—this means, keeping a pulse on industry standards and best practices.
During client and internal presentations, you’ll present persuasively; clearly articulating design rationale to effectively sell ideas.
When projects wrap up, you’ll assist with the preparation and review of final creative files for clients, development, and print.
During the development of digital projects, you’ll collaborate with the development team and review work as it’s brought to life.
On day-to-day projects, you’ll communicate effectively with team members to ensure work is on time, on budget, on strategy, and meets both brand and agency standards.
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability plan
- Company-paid life insurance policy (with the option to purchase additional coverage)
- Vacation and sick/personal leave
- Paid holidays
- A free parking pass or a company-paid monthly pass for Maryland Transit Authority
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement program