idfive Is Looking for Like-Minded Front-End Web Developer Maven.
We are looking for a web developer to grow our development team. The ideal candidate is not only skilled at making HTML/CSS/JS do acrobatics, but is also a decent person. idfive was recently named “A Best Place to Work” in Baltimore. This is because we take care of our team, do good work for our clients, know when to get serious about the business, and when to relax and have a good time. If you have the technical chops and are looking for a good home, you really must apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Expertly create pixel-perfect websites that exactly match supplied designs
- Create fully responsive “mobile first” websites that meet accessibility best practices
- Build modular “component” based websites
- Expert knowledge of PHP
- Ability to build custom themes for Drupal and Wordpress
- Strong TWIG templating skills
- Strong Angular, VueJS, or React skills
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- CSS and CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS etc.)
- CSS animations, with knowledge of SVG animations
- Build tools (ideally Webpack)
- Modular development patterns (OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS etc.)
- Version control (ideally GIT)
- Build pixel-perfect HTML pages that work across modern browsers and devices and meet accessibility best practices.
- Cross-browser compatibility isn’t an option; it is required. Responsive design experience is a must.
- Implement content management systems on varying platforms such as Wordpress, Drupal.
- Assist in all parts of the project life cycle if other co-workers are slammed. Collaboration is an everyday component of idfive.
- Follow the quality control process on all projects.
- Five or more years of experience building responsive websites.
- Everyone at idfive is given a high level of freedom and flexibility in how they do their jobs, so it's essential that you be accountable and have high standards for yourself and your work. Innovation and new ideas are essential; we are looking for someone who will enhance our processes.
- We also value integrity, mutual respect, and a strong work ethic. While our work environment is flexible and easygoing, we expect everyone at idfive to work hard and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should be proactive, detail-oriented, organized, personable, comfortable with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere, and well-versed in marketing, advertising, and web development.
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills are mandatory. Multitasking and people skills are expected, as is an inherent drive to learn.
- Version control system experience. Must provide project proofs from your previous works (we'll ask for links for code reviews).
- The ideal candidate also has experience in software development, UI development, or interaction design. User experience design and information architecture experience is a huge plus.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, design, or computer science.
- Meanies, bullies, crybabies, ego-maniacs, and prima-donnas need not apply. If for some reason they make it past the interview process and are hired, they will be canned at the first sign of these traits. No joke.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits including excellent health, vision and dental coverage, stipends for public transportation, and bonuses. idfive also offers a 401K. Salary will range based on experience and skill.
In the past few years, idfive was selected as a best place to work by Baltimore Magazine, nominated by the Baltimore Business Journal as a Best Place to Work, awarded for its company culture by SmartCEO, and was added to the 2016, 2017, and 2018 Inc 5,000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies. If this is the type of team you would be proud to be a part of then please apply. We’d love to meet you.
idfive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit a resume and cover letter that includes your salary requirements. Only the candidates who submit all three items will be considered for employment.