Senior Full-Stack Web Developer
Collaborate, Develop, Test, Launch.
We are looking for a web developer to grow our development team. The ideal candidate will not only have the skills to make HTML/CSS/JS do acrobatics, but is also a decent person. We take care of our team, do good work for our clients, know when to get serious about the business and when to relax and have a good time. If you have the technical chops and are looking for a good home, you must apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Expertly create pixel-perfect websites that exactly match supplied designs
- Create fully responsive “mobile first” websites that meet all accessibility best practices
- Build modular “component” based websites
- Expert knowledge in PHP
- Expert knowledge in atomic design principles
- Ability to build custom themes for Drupal and WordPress
- Strong TWIG templating skills
- Strong Angular, VueJS or React skills
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- Working knowledge of Jamstack
- CSS and CSS preprocessors (SASS, SCSS etc.)
- CSS animations, with knowledge of SVG animations
- Build tools (ideally Webpack)
- Modular development patterns (OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS etc.)
- Version control (ideally GIT)
- Build pixel-perfect HTML pages that work across modern browsers and devices, and meet accessibility best practices.
- Cross-browser compatibility isn’t an option; it is required. Responsive design experience is a must.
- Implement content management systems on varying platforms such as WordPress, Drupal.
- Assist in all parts of the project life cycle if other co-workers are slammed. Collaboration is an everyday component of idfive.
- Follow the quality control process on all projects.
- 5+ years of experience building responsive websites.
- Everyone at idfive is given a high level of freedom and flexibility in how they do their jobs, so it’s essential that the candidate be accountable and have high standards for themselves and their work. Innovation and new ideas are essential; we are looking for someone who will enhance our processes.
- We also value integrity, mutual respect, and a strong work ethic. While our work environment is flexible and easygoing, we expect everyone at idfive to work hard and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should be proactive, detail-oriented, organized, personable, comfortable with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere, and well-versed in marketing, advertising, and Web development.
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills are mandatory. Multitasking and people skills are expected, as is an inherent drive to learn.
- Version control system experience. Must provide projects proofs from your previous works (we’ll ask for links for code reviews).
- The ideal candidate would also have experience in software development, UI development, or interaction design. User experience design and information architecture experience is a huge plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, design, or computer science is a plus but not a requirement.
- Meanies, bullies, crybabies, ego-maniacs, and prima-donnas need not apply. If for some reason they make it past the interview process and are hired, they will be canned at the first sign of these traits. No joke.
This is a full time position with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability plan
- Company-paid life insurance policy (with option to purchase additional coverage)
- Vacation and sick/personal leave
- Paid holidays
- A discounted parking pass or a company-paid monthly pass for Maryland Transit Authority
- 401K plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement program