Senior Full-Stack Web Developer
Be the launching pad
Amazing websites don’t make themselves—they require expert hands to craft them like full-stack developers. As a part of our development department, you have the skills to make HTML/CSS/JS do acrobatics while conforming to industry, and team, best practices. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has extremely strong front-end skills and possibly several years of experience building in CMS platforms (like WordPress and Drupal) but is open to different backgrounds.
idfive is located in Baltimore, MD, on the campus of the Maryland Institute College of Art. We love Charm City, and it loves us back. A significant amount of our team lives in the city and surrounding areas, but fivers can be found all across the country.
While we love to get together and meet for agency-wide events with both our out-of-state and local fivers, where you work is up to you, so long as it’s during our operating hours of 9–5 EST. If you’re within driving distance of the office, you may be asked to work from the office as needed for creative brainstorms or in-person client meetings.
70,000 – 105,000
Before you get here, you should be able to…
- Expertly create pixel-perfect websites that exactly match supplied designs.
- Create fully responsive “mobile-first” websites that meet all accessibility best practices.
- Build modern, modular “component” based websites using modular development patterns (OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS, etc.).
- Show expert knowledge of atomic design principles.
- Show strong templating skills (various languages, like TWIG, etc.).
- Show very strong Angular, VueJS, or React skills.
- Be well-versed in build tools, CSS, and CSS preprocessors (SASS, SCSS, etc.).
- Build CSS animations with knowledge of SVG animations.
- Show plenty of version control system experience.
Bonus points if you also…
- Have WordPress experience
- Have UX and IA experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in marketing, communications, design, or computer science
- Know other web development languages such as ColdFusion, MySQL, OBJ C, etc.
On your first project, you might be expected to…
- Work with the creative team to build the frontend portion of an enterprise-level CMS template.
- Build a JS application to integrate into an existing project
- Help run accessibility checks on an existing project and assist with remediation
After six months to a year, you’ll be expected to…
- Help build and expand our internal frontend libraries and tools.
- Drive additional training and knowledge on specific JS frameworks and tools.
- Direct and build enterprise-level projects.
- Mentor junior team members.
idfive is an integrated marketing and communications social design agency focused on amplifying the good being done by our clients. We are educators, learners, strategists, analysts, architects, writers, designers, coders, parents, and friends offering creative web, brand, and marketing strategies to advance marketing and communications goals.
idfive is Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified as we are a minority and woman-owned and operated. We do our work with a sincere and operational commitment to diversity and equality within our ranks, with our clients, in our city, and… heck… the world at large.
Our name is the foundation for everything we do. Our work is successful because we embrace informed design as the grounding principle behind every project. Our team is successful because we unwaveringly follow five guiding principles with heart and hustle.
Why do we do it? Because we believe that marketing can be a transformative force for good. And—as a minority and woman-owned and operated studio—we know how much the world needs to be a better place.
- Flexible work location
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays, including one for your birthday
- Vacation and sick/personal leave
- 401K plan
- Health, vision, and dental
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
[contact-form-7 id=”19153″ title=”Senior Full-Stack Web Developer”]