Senior Drupal Developer
Be the launching pad
Amazing websites don’t make themselves—they require expert hands to craft them like Drupal developers. As a part of our development department, you should have the skills to make HTML/CSS/JS do acrobatics while conforming to industry, and team, best practices. Ideally, we are looking for 5+ years of experience building with the Drupal CMS platform.
idfive is located in Baltimore, MD, on the campus of the Maryland Institute College of Art. We love Charm City, and it loves us back. A significant amount of our team lives in the city and surrounding areas, but fivers can be found all across the country.
While we love to get together and meet for agency-wide events with both our out-of-state and local fivers, where you work is up to you, so long as it’s during our operating hours of 9–5 EST. If you’re within driving distance of the office, you may be asked to work from the office as needed for creative brainstorms or in-person client meetings.
70,000 – 105,000
Before you get here, you should be able to…
- Expertly create CMS-based websites that exactly match supplied designs and frontend markup.
- Create fully responsive “mobile-first” websites that meet all accessibility best practices
- Build modern and modular “component” based CMS based websites
- Engineer complex, enterprise-level Drupal websites
- Migrate D7 and D8 sites to D9/10
- Build complex custom Drupal modules and themes
- Utilize composer and both architect, and enact complex composer-based workflows
- Recommend, and extend, contributed modules to meet functional requirements
- Assist in the maintenance of Drupal sites, as well as functionality upgrades for existing sites
- Assist in bug ticketing for existing sites, as well as other monthly tasks
- Set up testing, and build pipelines for code deployments
- Manage content and configuration moves between multiple environments
- Have expert knowledge in PHP and HTML
- Must be extremely well versed in CSS/SCSS, and JS
Bonus points if you also…
- Have an Acquia certification
- Have WordPress experience
- UX and IA experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in marketing, communications, design, or computer science.
On your first project, you might be expected to…
- Integrate front-end code into a custom Drupal theme
- Create custom services or feeds importers for external content
- Advise clients on the feasibility of various contributed modules to meet functional requirements
After six months to a year, you’ll be expected to…
- Take the lead on enterprise-level Drupal projects
- Architect content types, modules, and the overall roadmap, on complex CMS-based projects
- Guide the client, and project team to solutions that meet functional requirements, as well as the scope
- Oversee the frontend development on a project, and ensure end result meets standards for backend integration
- Mentor junior team members
idfive is an integrated marketing and communications social design agency focused on amplifying the good being done by our clients. We are educators, learners, strategists, analysts, architects, writers, designers, coders, parents, and friends offering creative web, brand, and marketing strategies to advance marketing and communications goals.
idfive is Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified as we are a minority and woman-owned and -operated. We do our work with a sincere and operational commitment to diversity and equality within our ranks, with our clients, in our city, and… heck… the world at large.
Our name is the foundation for everything we do. Our work is successful because we embrace informed design as the grounding principle behind every project. Our team is successful because we unwaveringly follow five guiding principles with heart and hustle.
Why do we do it? Because we believe that marketing can be a transformative force for good. And—as a minority and woman-owned and operated studio—we know how much the world needs to be a better place.
- Flexible work location
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays, including one for your birthday
- Vacation and sick/personal leave
- 401K plan
- Health, vision, and dental
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
[contact-form-7 id=”4440″ title=”Career”]